The members of Adoptive Families of Houston (AFH) believe that adoptive families can benefit from the education, guidance, and support of professionals and parents who have shared in the unique experience of adoption.
With the needs of adoptive parents and children in mind, Adoptive Families of Houston offers a variety of activities each year including educational programs, monthly playgroups for the children and an annual family picnic.
Learn more here.
If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with another organization,
you can use the same log-in here. Need more information?
Join or Renew Today!
Do you want to be part of a community of families who have similar life experiences, adoption questions, concerns and need for knowledge? Join us today.
Not sure if you've renewed for 22-23? Check your membership status here.
SAVE THE DATE!
Our fun-filled Annual Picnic will be on October 22, 2023.
More details to follow!
Our Upcoming Events this fiscal year!
For a printable calendar please click here!
Our past events this fiscal year have included the following:
- Baby Beluga September 2022 meet on 9/17/2022
- Fall Kickoff & Meet and Greet on 9/24/2022
-Teen Adoptee Panel on 9/30/2022
- Annual Celebration of Adoption Picnic on 10/23/2022
- Nature & Nurture on 11/04/2022
- Baby Beluga November 2022 meet on 11/12/2022
- Park Playdate at Tom Bass Regional Park on 11/12/2022
- AFH Holiday Party & Gingerbread House Decorating on 12/4/2022
- Fire-station 8 Tour and lunch on 1/21/2023
- Baby Beluga February 2023 meet on 2/6/2023
- Valentines Day Party on 2/11/2023
- Writing your child's adoption story (a program for older children) on 2/19/2023
- Lets Play Adoption (older child program) - Session 1 on 2/26/2023
- Social Skills and Creating Fun Traditions with the Family (with Patina Sehorn) on 3/24/2023
- Park Playdate at River Oaks Park on 3/25/2023
- Birth Mothers (a program for older children) on 3/26/2023
- Friday, April 14
- Saturday, April 15
- Sunday, April 16
- Saturday, April 22
- Saturday, May 13
We appreciate the support of our sponsors!
Richard Holt and Mark McMasters
Kathie Otte et al.
Copper State Rubber
Stephanie M. Harp, Attorney at Law
Chamberlain, Hrdlicka et al.
Lauren Dangelmayr and Jon Sammon
The Garza family
Raju Adwaney & Abhishek Kansara
Michael and Katy Casey
Ciro's Italian Grill
Friend of AFH
Christie and Jeff Megow
The Urban Family
Picnic Activity Sponsors
Balloon & Face Painting
de Roode Family